Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Feast

St. Patrick's Day has always been a big holiday in my family. I have memories of listening to Celtic music all day while the delicious smells from the kitchens of various family members would waft throughout the house. The parades, the gatherings...it's all a big deal to me and a tradition I hope to continue with my own Irish baby. (A fine wee lass, she is).



This year is the "year of the blog" and I decided when I was cooking the big meal I would share the recipes with you.

I made Corned Beef and Cabbage in the slow cooker - am-AH-zing by the way. SO tender and juicy. My mouth is watering thinking about it. (Click the link for the recipe.)

In addition to Corned Beef, I also made Colcannon (which is mashed potatoes with cabbage and green onion) and Traditional Irish Soda Bread. Both came out spot-on tasty and we ate until our bellies could hold no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment