Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stuffed Chopped Steak, Cucumber Salad and Cookies....oh my!

Sometimes surfing the web when I'm hungry can be downright dangerous. It makes me want to spend hours in the kitchen making every dish I've seen that day, or to pull out my recipe book and start on page 1 and work my way to the end. Ah who am I kidding. I love to cook. And today I just decided I wanted to get my chops (no pun intended) worked back up after a hiatus of being lazy.



For dinner tonight I made a Stuffed Chopped Steak. The was SO easy to make and SO good. Have you ever eaten a dish and had so much of it that even though you're so full you could pop, you still keep eating...all the while thinking "whyyyy am I still eating this?" Because it was GOOD. Chopped steak is one of the most economically friendly types of beef so his dish is also great if you're looking to cut costs or feed a lot of people. 

Accompanying the main event were Mashed Red Potatoes, Green Beans and Cucumber Salad
A word about the Cucumber Salad...well two words: nom nom. This is such a light, creamy delicious salad...so simple to make. 


To finish this meal, as if there were any room left in my belly...was Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies. These are actually made with good ingredients: no sugar, no dairy, no flour. And they are fantastic. The way I look at it, if you eat a "skinny" dessert, (or drink a diet soda with your meal) it negates the rest of the meal's calories, right? ;)






1 comment:

  1. OMG are you kidding me?? MMMM! Definitely making those steaks for Michael, he will flip! :)

    ReplyDelete